home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Our new family members

The Easter bunny brought quite the surprise this year! Maverick was hoping it was a furry brother...

But these babies are of the feathered type...

Let me officially introduce you to Kirby and Jace (any Duck Dynasty fans?).
 A little swim in the tub.

After a week of crate training, we finally introduced them to the pond. Um, apparently we're awesome crate trainers because these crazy little boogers are afraid of the pond. I kid you not! We've tried for 5 days to coerce them into the water with no success. 

Yesterday, two wild mallards showed up and tried all day to "show them the way." It was really neat to watch. But, we have strong-willed ducklings and they're still not enjoying the water. So, we've concluded that we're probably the only duck owners in the world who have ducks that are afraid of water (unless it's in a bathtub)! How ironic!

Duck training tips welcomed and appreciated. ;)

5 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your kiddos must be so excited!! That is too funny about the pond. You'll have to keep us updated!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is awesome! i want that easter bunny to come to me! :)
maybe if you get them floaties they will be happier in the water. ;) ha!

pam {simple details} said...

You've spoiled them (ducks not kids) they are going to be inside ducks! Do they sleep in that crate, what do you feed them? Clearly, I have no tips, but am so intrigued by the cute little things! :)

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

They are so so so adorable. They will get over it. I'm in love

Bliss said...

Stopping over from Primitive & Proper, cuz anyone who sits on the pot in a mirrored bathroom has to have a great blog. And now that I'm here I see I will like it, pugs, ducks - well it's like a slice outta my own puggle, duck and chicken home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips