home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Inspiring Design and bathroom paint

I was fortunate enough to tag along on John's business trip and spent the the last several days in Vegas. While Vegas isn't my favorite place on earth, it sure was nice to lay poolside in 85 degree weather while smelling the aroma of orange trees in full bloom. I only say that to give you guys hope who are still dealing with the crazy snow...spring is coming, I promise!!

I spent a little time walking around and taking in the amazing designs Vegas has to offer. I was blown away by the architecture in Aria. Talk about inspiration!

Check out this agate staircase...

It's absolutely stunning in person! John and I were talking about how incredible it'd be to dream up something off the charts like this and have the people on your team to make it happen. Such a dream come true.

Isn't this an incredible structure? It's houses a restaurant on the middle level and the concierge desk below.

My parents have been watching the kiddos while we've been gone and they were a little worried about being bored during the daytime hours while they were at school. I took full advantage of their possible boredom and left my dad with a couple paint cans, rollers and our master bathroom! (Don't worry, he loves to paint...seriously.) I can't wait to get home to see it (and the kids, of course). 

Here's what we decided on...
With the walls complete, I don't have any other excuses to keep me from tackling painting those silly cabinets. I'm a little scared...we have lots of cabinets!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dana, how nice that you snuck in a little getaway with the hubs. I have never been to Vegas and need to go, just once, just to take it all in! What a fun little adventure.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i totally think you could pull off an agate wall. so cool!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

That looks awfully close to my master bathroom color (Glidden's Forest Khaki, which is...wait for it...in the beige fam! HAHA!)I don't know which is better: having family close enough so that you can get away from the kids, or having family that is willing to paint. I'd take either one in a heartbeat!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips