home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, March 21, 2014

How to hide the uglies

I titled this post before I added the picture of my new do, but it still kind of fits. Too funny! I don't like including pictures of myself on the blog much but I always like it when other people do. It's fun having a face to go with the verbiage, so here ya go...
I always know it's time for a haircut when I realize it's been way too long since I've worn my hair down. The lazy doo-doo roll becomes an everyday habit and the only way for me to break it is to chop it all off so it's not an option anymore!

Moving on to a design-related topic...

This may be a little obvious but just in case it isn't, I wanted to give you the 'behind the scenes' look at how I hid our unsightly breaker box and sprinkler system control box. It's pretty simple...we used a L-bracket. Since my 'art' is a chart, it worked out perfectly.

It stands away from the wall enough to act as a shield while continuing to allow easy access to the boxes if/when need be. There's another function that's not pictured. Can you guess what it is? Yep, there's just enough room to put a hanger or two up there if a piece of clothing needs to dry. Dual purpose greatness!
 
I walk through the laundry room a gazillion numerous times a day since it's a pass through to our garage. I love having a more inviting entrance and exit for our family.

4 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dana I'm loving your chic new hairstyle! It looks so pretty with the shape of your face! How cool to actually have a style…..vs the doo doo roll bun (I do a version of that as well!) Now you need to go out on a date with you hubby!

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE your new haircut!!! and my telltale sign is the same- always up in a messy (and not in the cute way) roll. you are gorgeous!!!!

pam {simple details} said...

Victoria Beckham has nothing on you my friend!! It's tres chic with your beautiful brown eyes!! (I pull out my hats when I'm overdue!)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

As one who doesn't post many photos of herself either (who wants to see me anyway?), you're right: it's so great for US, your adoring fans!!

Your laundry room magic trick is truly inspired. So much so that I won't take offense at your bashing the wheat color which, no matter how much it fades in and out of style, will ALWAYS be one of my favorites. What can I say - I'm a warm girl :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips