home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, October 21, 2013

Bathroom Tile Progress and a giggle

Hey friends! My lack of posting isn't necessarily indicative of a lack of progress around here. It's more indicative of the fact that after tiling the kids' bathroom I'm t.i.r.e.d. and I'm trying to muster up enough energy to finish it. Anyone feelin' me?


Lots left to do in this cozy little room, but I can officially say I've learned how to tile. Maybe one of these days I'll let someone walk into the bathroom without the disclaimer of "It was my first time...look at it with your head tilted slightly to the left!"

I'm still waiting on the lights to be shipped. I can't wait to see them. They're going to add such a punch of personality.

As I mentioned above, this project has drained me a little. That, coupled with our recent move, gave me a major case of the blahs last week. It's like I woke up and realized this move thing is really real and we aren't going back. I've been holding it together for the sake of the kids and I'm pretty sure there was a tad bit of stuffing my real feelings going on. Luckily, one of my Austin friends came up with her family towards the end of the week and it was just what the doctor ordered...lots and lots of laughter.

This has made me stop and realize just how important laughing is. I don't do it enough, my family will be the first to tell you that. They're good at laughing. Oh how I wish I had been created with a better sense of humor! So, so glad both kids got this trait from John.

One thing that'll send a few laughing tears down my cheeks are autocorrect conversations. Thought I'd share a few with you today so you can experience the joy of laughter...



There are tons more that'll have ya rollin' but I wanted to keep it G rated!

Hope you're having a happy day today, friends, and don't forget to let yourself have a little giggle. 

7 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So sorry the moving blues caught up with you, but it sounds like your visit with your friend was just what you needed! Your tile job looks FANTASTIC Dana!!! I am so impressed with your willingness to tackle the big stuff - you rock!!!!!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Lack of blog posts = lots of projects getting done. At least in this house. That tile looks phe.no.menol!! (is that how you even spell that word?)

P.S Maybe we couldn't actually be friends in real life...customers always comment that they know when I'm working because they can "hear the laugh" :)

Jane B. said...

Hey there! I'm impressed with your tiling skills. The room is looking great! Thanks for inspiring us!

pam {simple details} said...

I'm dying laughing, I love those! Your tile job is so CRAZY impressive, holy cow, girl!! Glad your friend was able to come visit and you had a great time, did you put her to work? :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

those are awesome and so worth sharing! laughing is a fabulous cure for most ailments!

Unknown said...

Amazing collection. All are good.
Bathroom Tile

jelly andrews said...

You really did a good job in tiling that room. It looks great. And it looks like done by a pro.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips