home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Painting Progress

I couldn't take it anymore! Originally, I thought I'd wait until the kids went back to school before I started painting, but the wheat color surrounding us was beginning to feel suffocating. I showed you my top 3 neutral paint picks here. Any guesses which one I decided on?...



I color matched Benjamin Moore's Natural Cream (OC-14) with Behr's Premium Plus Ultra. I'm all about going the easy route and Behr's paint has the primer mixed in so you're only painting one coat instead of multiple coats. Love that!



I'm really pleased with how much brighter the rooms feel. This color definitely reads light gray instead of cream in my opinion. In fact, I don't see cream at all.

So here's the dirt on these colors...Seashell has a slight yellow undertone. Beautiful, but I'm not a yellow person. Swiss Coffee is great and if I had all the mid-century modern furniture I wish I had the budget for, I would have gone this route. It's very light and looks white. Since I live in reality and have to work with my existing furnishings, Natural Cream was the winner. It provides just enough contrast against my white trim and doesn't scare me when it comes to having kids running into gently brushing against it.

6 comments:

Loni said...

Im a big fan of Swiss Coffee. I have used it throughout the house and love how it has grown with our other color choices. Can I say your stairway is awesome!? I love how it floats. Beautiful.

Cassie Bustamante said...

so much lighter and prettier!! and yes i love that staircase, too!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Dana the new paint color is beautiful! I love how it looks with the stone fireplace and your white trim. So much better!!

Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus said...

Looks great. Loving the new color. I'm surprised to hear you say that you like the paint/primer in one from Behr. We had BM Decorator's White color matched to the paint and primer in one (Behr) and it took 4 coats to cover. I wasn't impressed. But now, hearing that you like it I may need to try it again in another color. Anyways, I've been a follower for quite a while but never commented. Love your style and can't wait to see where you take the house next.

pam {simple details} said...

Such a great choice! Nothing like a clean and fresh background for your onslaught of projects! :)

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

It's beautiful, Dana!!! So much better!! Hope you are enjoying your now home (and city!) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips