home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Eclectic Mix Moodboard

First of all, I owe you all a big thanks for responding to yesterday's plea for help. Clearly, I'm up and running and all is calm in my little corner of blogland today. I love how eager other bloggers are to help each other out when someone's ignorant struggling with an issue!

So, next order of business is a new moodboard created around an Ikea piece. Have you seen the new gray turquoise malm dresser? Here it is in action...


I love the Lulie Wallace painting that helps set the tone and color story for the entire room. The clean lines of the Malm dresser help ground the room in color while not competing with the surrounding patterns and textures.

In person, the true colors of these dressers are a bit more vibrant. Time and time again when I'm perusing the aisles of Ikea, these 3 catch my eye. I figured it's high time I shared the goodies, especially since they're only $79.99. What a great price!

Okay, so here's the disclaimer...don't fall in love for the mirrored chest because for some strange reason it doesn't share the same $79.99 price tag. Ikea's really proud of this one, priced at $299. What?!?! Not cool, Ikea, not cool.





Just so you know, the "Lilac" dresser is way closer to eggplant. 

I've been working on a fun Christmas decoration in our entry. I thought I had created something original then suddenly "it" seems to be popping up everywhere. Literally, while I was assembling this creation my kids yelled, "Mom, we just saw that on TV!" So much for being unique and one of a kind. Oh well, one more Hobby Lobby trip required before I get to share "it" with you guys. What a tease!

4 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You always find the best art, Dana! That is something I really struggle with…..LOVING a piece of art. The one you chose for this mood board just brings the whole room together, without it all feeling matchy-matchy - I love that! Thanks for sharing - the mood board is lovely!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i think i need the rug and the gray chair. love this board! and i agree about your eye for art!
i was thinking about you the other day, and just how happy i am that i know you and read your blog- you are so talented, creative, yet most importantly you care and are so giving. i was asked by a blogger recently who inspires me, and i said you because i just love the random acts of kindness you do and your heart and your mind. thanks for all you do.

pam {simple details} said...

Aww, ditto Cassie, my sweet friend! I just bought the white one, for a girl's room, again! :) You can't beat them for the price ~ your board is fabulous, love the mix!

Kara Paslay said...

That mood board looks great Dana! You're making me once again regret living 4 hours away from the closest IKEA! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips