home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Come on in and stay awhile!


Hey friends! Today I'm linking up and sharing my entryway with Roomspiration, blog hop and link party. The fun starts here, at Abode Love, then hops around blogland until October 7th. Can you believe it? What fun! Carve out some time and prepare yourself, because I'm sure there's going to be lots of pretties!

Welcome and come on in!




Prepare for a sniff. Maverick likes to show off how he blends with the rug!




Can you tell I have a thing for stripes? I painted these just a handful of weeks ago and let me tell you, could I have started with a more difficult space?! These walls are rounded people, hence the name, ROtunda. I had a secret weapon. Guess what it was? No, it wasn't a professional painter. That sure would have been nice, but I'm too cheap! I'll spill the beans, but you have to promise to come back for the complete DIY real soon. Promise? Pinky promise? Okay, here it is...

You smarties, did you really know what I was going to reveal?

I love my entryway, although it's still a work in progress. I'm thinking some convex mirrors would look stellar. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Wanna know the sad part? I'd say about 95% of people who visit my house, don't even enter through the front door! We've got crazy sidewalks and it's much easier/quicker to enter through the garage. So, instead of pretty stripes, they're greeted by my dirty laundry. "Hello, how are you? Check out my families undies and my sweaty running clothes." How's that for a first impression? Oh well, it's all about keeping it real.

I'll leave you with a few more pictures. I like to change things up each season, so here's what my entryway looks like in the fall.






My new little blog is getting a facelift this week (hopefully). I've enlisted the help of Elizabeth from The Mustard Ceiling to put some makeup on it and turn this beauty from blah to vavavoom! Can't wait to work with her and see what she creates. By the way, you can stop by her blog on Oct. 5th to continue the Roomspiration fun. She's featuring laundry and mudrooms.

I'm so glad you stopped by. Don't forget your pinky promise! See you soon!

Linking to The DIY Showoff.

14 comments:

Amy @ FWD said...

I just linked over from Abode Love. Your entryway is gorgeous! What a great space to walk into! Of course, the icing on the cake is that adorable dog :)

Kelly @ View along the way said...

Just found you from the Roomspiration party. What an incredible entryway! The architecture is stunning enough, but the stripes and your decorating make it a total knockout. I'd close off my garage door forever and make EVERYONE enter that way if I were you. :)

Thanks for the inspiration!

Decorating the Ville said...

This is Ah-may-ZING!!! Love the stripes and the rotunda! I totally think you need a round rug in there! Beautiful space!! I am visiting from Abode Love...

Ange said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love it! If I ever came to visit I would use the front entrance for sure! That's why we keep the garage door closed so no one can smell or see our laundry. ;) Can't wait to see what else you do with this space!

DIYbyDesign said...

I linked over from Roomspiration. I just love your entryway. Those stripes are awesome. I am your latest follower. I will be hosting my leg of Roomspiration next Monday. Hope you will drop by and say hi and consider following me back. Nice to meet you. I'm off to check out the rest of your blog.

Coley said...

I've found you through the roomspiration too. Your entryway is GORGEOUS!! I love it... and your pup is cute too :)

live and luv said...

Comin' to you via roominspiration. All I can say is WOW!

Shan@FamilyBringsJoy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I have painted stripes before and I KNOW how difficult they can be. So I am extremely interested in the tip you will be sharing in regards to the mod podge. Thank you for joining in our Roomspiration blog hop. :D

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Wow- your entry is gorgeous! I love that the walls curve. And the stripes are stunning! I am your newest follower! :)

Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

Wow! what a curv-a-licious entryway!
Great job:)

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Wow Dana! I am blown away, what a statement with the stripes and the curved walls. I can't wait to see what your tidbit of modge podge advice.

Thanks for the shout out today, I am excited to start your new design.

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

SO gorgeous! Love the curved walls - the stripes look fabulous on them! What a pretty space to welcome you into your home - LOVE!

Unknown said...

LOVE your entry. Love the stripes, the roundness and the rug.

Rashon Carraway said...

This hallway is fantastic! A great way to start my Monday!


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips